Tuesday, August 17, 2010

A mom is only as happy....

....as her saddest child....this makes me one unhappy mom today.

I really need to figure out what is going on with Helen.

I worry about her distraction, her acting out, I worry about how I am dealing with it. I worry about how it is effecting our other kids.....I worry that it is because she feels neglected because of everything we have to do for Ethan. I worry that she resents me. I hope that I can be sensitive to her needs with out being accepting of the behaviors that are not helping our family. I hope that she doesn't always think I am a bad mom. I hope that she will still talk to me even when things get even harder as she gets older. I hope that I can always be the mother and friend that she needs me to be.

My heart is full, with both joy and sorrow for this precious child, who I know must be needing me now more than ever, who is acting out to get my attention. I hope that I will have the inspiration and wisdom to respond the way she needs me to, whether she knows it or not, appreciates it or not, respects me or not, and the strength to accept that she will make her own choices and that her choices are hers alone and that I have taught her what is right and good and that she will remember who she is and that she will feel of my love, even if she doesn't get the answer she wants.

2 comments:

  1. Becky,

    It is hard being a mom. we continually worry about our children. You are a wonderful, caring and loving mom to your children. Helen loves you dearly. You are in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is lots of support for you here in blogland. Do you read other blogs? (When would have the time, I know.)

    Here's someone who's been there: http://looking4bluesky.blogspot.com/

    Best, Barbara

    ReplyDelete