Sunday, June 21, 2009

Fathers....

Growing up, I was raised by my step father....we didn't see eye to eye, and probably didn't get along the best, but as I grew up I learned to respect him and as an adult became aware just how proud he is of me. I would like to think that now I have a good relationship with my dad, and am thankful for his role in making me the person that I am today. He is a wonderful and loving husband to my mother, which has set a great example to me for relationships, loyalty and responsibility. He is a builder, and that is probably why I have no fear of taking on a project and doing it myself. He is also there when I need advice, and he is a loving grandfather and has blessed all my children since my husband is not a member of the church.

The other father in my life is my husband, who is a wonderful father to our children. Most marriages don't survive the trials of having a child with significant brain damage. But it brought us closer together and helped my husband to become the incredible, loving father he is....don't get me wrong, he is not a softy, he rules his kids with an iron fist, and they love and respect him for it. Even after disciplining, our children are fiercely aware of daddy's love for them, and even though they are very hardheaded (like dad) they are eager to please him and love to receive his affections. Our daddy is the leader of the house, but he is also our best friend. You're super duper dad! We LOVE you!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment